Maintaining motivation to lose weight and diet is a common struggle dieter’s face. Many a time, especially with inconsistent progress, you find your desire to opt for weight loss over indulgent foods fluctuating.
It is not easy, or a one-time effort to change your lifestyle to include healthy habits. It is a big decision involving lots of choices. However you can follow these tips to ensure your motivation follows the right course:
1. Maintain a food journal: Write everything you eat and hold yourself responsible for maintaining your nutritional intake and to work as a powerful resource for identifying all habits that hold you back.
2. Hire a dietician: If you find it really difficult maintaining your diet, dieticians will help provide a healthy diet plan and practical techniques to help you through.
3. Family support: Both family and friends can provide lots of support during your difficult times, provide company to celebrate your success and help you maintain accountability.
4. Experiment with recipes: New healthy food ideas make dieting more interesting. You can find lots of recipe options online ranging from local to global cuisine.
5. Calorie-tracking software helps: It is so much easier to track your diet plan today with the help of Smartphone apps and free website services. For example MyFitnessPal has a built-in barcode scanners, nutritional charts and recipe analyzers to use to visualize your success.
6. Place emphasis on food quality: You get motivated just thinking about the health benefits like improved digestion and increased energy you reap from eating right.
7. Herbs and spices help boost favor: They do not add any calories to your food but offer health benefits.
8. Start the day with a plan: Always start your day planning your diet in your food journal. Choose recipes you want to use well in advance and pretty soon, you find it so easy choosing healthy meals and snacks. A few dieters even plan their diet for an entire week at a time!
9. Cook food ahead of mealtime: You thus find it easier following your time commitment to eat according to plan for your busy week. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for weeks at a time.
10. Join cooking classes: By learning healthy cooking, you can make any stale diet routine seem interesting.
11. Include a new vegetable to your diet every week: This not only makes your diet more interesting, it also boosts your nutrition levels.
12. Set daily goals: Set a dietary goal everyday and aim to accomplish it. It can be anything, even something small as having a healthy breakfast or having fruit yogurt instead of ice cream.
This proves that it is not challenging maintaining your motivation as long as you are prepared for it. Just make sure you take proactive measures wherein you don’t experience any low activation levels or at least ensure you bounce back in time.
If you manage to catch your low motivation as soon as it starts, you can quickly nip it and return to following your diet plan without much hassles. You thus find it easy to change your eating habits for the better, and can promote long-lasting results.
Remember that motivation is a challenge to expect and be ready to get back on if you fall off for a day or two. Things become a set-back only if motivation dulls out and you return to your former habits for a week or more.